"Realizing the importance of the case, my men are rounding up twice the usual number of suspects..." Captain Renault, Casablanca

Friday, July 30, 2010

Knowledge Base

Is the wheelchair a blessing or a curse? Since my foray into this method of moving about (17 November 1995), I obviously have come to the practical limitations of the ‘chair, often its use, care and feeding (and if things break on the chair, repairs cost $$$).

The upside? Well, I am a ‘quick study’, having to pick up strategies and such on the fly (such as can I get into this building with my wheelchair?).

I would prefer to start with side jobs, simple or not to establish a bit of credibility. What do you need, I can offer this, etc. How to sell your abilities and how to locate these opportunities??

The following is a brief look at my resume describing myself briefly – it ought to sell says I:

“Varied skill set from organizations from manufacturing to consulting to non-profits the areas of:

- Sales administration, including estimating
- Purchasing and inventory management systems experience
- Home accessibility and knowledge
- Writing and editing
- Adaptive equipment consulting”

I know my abilities. I know my limitations. And a need to apply both of these to an income producing organization…

 --------------------------------------------------------------------- 

My last post might sound a bit confusing about various agencies and what might be construed issues of competency. My purpose here is not to slight the non-profit I work (part-time) for a small advocacy non-profit in Connecticut - this being a competent (if underfunded) organization.

I actually meant much of the state government who we work as a contractor for…

No comments: