"Realizing the importance of the case, my men are rounding up twice the usual number of suspects..." Captain Renault, Casablanca

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Planning my escape - how?

I work for a non-profit who in turn works as a contractor for a State of CT (unnamed) state agency on an (unnamed – yet) project. I would prefer not to name names - although some people I am in contact with know exactly of whom I am referring.
What is annoying is how government as a rule adds zero value to any process. Where time is money, where speed with accuracy results in better outcomes.

Not that this unnamed agency seems to be concerned with outcomes in general are not the main goal – maintaining the flawed process instead. If anyone has been involved in the for-profit world (couldn't be anyone in the state I've dealt with), speed and outcomes matter. I don’t believe anyone involved in the project on the state level ever has…Even working at a non-profit, I have to work with these state people...And I am not knocking those that work for the state per-se, I am just not seeing true efficiency

I need to getaway, to what and how I can’t say. Yeah, at my age (55) and in a wheelchair, conventional employment is out. No whining, the decision makers will be nice about it during the interview, but…I have a mind and a modicum of intelligence. 


How do I plot my getaway???

3 comments:

ruthinian said...

You have an incredible mind and you can use it getaway from the reality and go somewhere perfect on your personal perspective.

I also work for a non-profit agency. And I can't really imagine why the agency's vision is a little blurred "due to economic" reasons?

Oheidia sin fotoblogg said...

Belive in yourself, belive in your skills and don't take no for an answer. Try again and again - and suddenly you have what you gained for.

It's difficult in Norway too. I have tried it myself and today i work a little bit for myself in a little company i've started. I also likes to use my brain and i am well educated. Unfortunatly i am not able to work every day. I want to but my body doesn't support it. So!!!!!

Patti said...

Keep writing, keep thinking...the idea will come to you my dear..

It's good to put this all down in writing, isn't it?