"Realizing the importance of the case, my men are rounding up twice the usual number of suspects..." Captain Renault, Casablanca

Monday, November 1, 2010

Job Description

I seem to be in a fog as to what is going on with some consumers I work with, and the care plan agencies that administer these plans. On Friday, a scheduled day off, I spoke with a care planner who has set up their home care agency home evaluation. Mind you, the date of discharge was set for 1 November and this eval was happening on the last possible day. Further, I called (on my day off) the planner who advised that the apartment might not allow for a ‘safe’ discharge.

I was polite, but thinking all along: the person is question uses a manual wheelchair, and yet I have been in the apartment with my power wheelchair, so I can’t imagine the safety being an issue. I spoke with the management company and they installed a 17” high toilet and bathtub cut – both for issues of safety, and I am cognizant about making safe transfers from a ‘chair.. I am annoyed at the way this sounded. Okay, it was Friday – forget the job until Monday and be prepared for a delightful or disappointing day then. It gnaws at me  how the details are not attended to by everyone else…

No comments: