"Realizing the importance of the case, my men are rounding up twice the usual number of suspects..." Captain Renault, Casablanca

Monday, October 25, 2010

Clarifications

Regarding my previous post, I probably ought to clarify a few points bout this blog so as to keep me focused onto my greater ambition, which is the ultimate independence, which is working for myself.
  • Being involved with people in nursing homes, I am bound to pay attention to HIPAA privacy rules (the acronym stands for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act). I do not use any names, nursing homes, or medical conditions regarding any individual consumers I work with. So I keep the subject of nursing homes and residents quite bland  
  • I keep the names of state agencies unnamed, one of these a very well known acronym. As well as the individuals who act egregiously. 
  • There are state employees who have worked professionally, too. So I wouldn’t want to imply that the (union) workers are in the cause of the majority of the workers. 
  • Given that anonymous persons and agencies are cited, the situations change slightly in actual context, but not scope. I am not anti-union, nor against bargaining units for the employees. But things like not being able to attend meetings ‘because I couldn’t get a state car’ type excuses are vexing, even if the state car is in the contract…

So I write about what I know in the attempt to keep me focused on the next phase of my independence in career. I want to remember the incidents that will compel me to work for myself, to succeed or fail on my merits, work ethic, on what I did (or failed to do). That’s all.

If any reader remembers the Dragnet TV series (1967-1970) the stern voice on the intro would say something that I have paraphrased as follows: ‘The post you are about to read is true. The names have been changed to protect the innocent guilty’  As Sgt. Friday might have intoned to the witness “Just the facts”

No comments: