"Realizing the importance of the case, my men are rounding up twice the usual number of suspects..." Captain Renault, Casablanca

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Either or Both Ways

As I noted yesterday, I have written the proposed letter of resignation. I have even run the numbers of what I feel that I am actually owed in unrealized compensation at the end of my employ (that would be if my position were eliminated or I leave on my own). The look at the facts, my employ as it relates to the facts and so almost gives an air of guilt - what about the remaining consumers and how that could increase my co-workers workload is troubling. I have laid out reasons why I ought to consider a move. The things that could be problematical to my conscience stand out in my prose. It was not negative in the abstract of working with the (unnamed) state agency, but more positive in my wanting to search for opportunity for myself. Two ways of going, either fraught with the unknown.

All in all, a therapeutic process that I will now ignore for the rest of the weekend...




No comments: