"Realizing the importance of the case, my men are rounding up twice the usual number of suspects..." Captain Renault, Casablanca

Monday, August 16, 2010

Spam to the left, spam to the right

The search continues. Photo by Patti

I recently created an ad on craigslist for a position wanted for myself. Interestingly, I received the following reply, which is spam. Why I chose not to continue is the syntax, as the structure and text is not American English. But where from: India? Bahamas? Jamaica? Or perhaps the place of Mass scams, Nigeria. I see many oddities, can anyone else?

ATTN: Sequel to your resume on (Craigslist.org),your resume have been reviewed by our company (------ ---- Inc) and our hiring officer will like to conduct an online interview with you to discuss more about the Job Position that you are yet to occupy. Set Up a Screen name with the Yahoo Instant Messenger or if you have a yahoo or msn or hotmail, you can use it and add up Mrs Mcjenny Mayne:  On Comprehensive online training shall be provided as this is work from home.

I am not used to adding up anybody, and the name of the contact? Thanks, but no thanks…Opportunities exist, and in general I like craigslist, but really, I don't speak their style of English, and thus will skip the reply...

No comments: