"Realizing the importance of the case, my men are rounding up twice the usual number of suspects..." Captain Renault, Casablanca

Friday, August 13, 2010

Confusion reigns

Went to dinner with colleagues last night. The ambience was cloudy with a cool humidity  permeating the outdoor restaurant seating just above the waterline. Arrived early with one co-worker who was (unofficially) aware of my plans. He asked what the boss said, and I noted that he folded up the letter and said we need to talk about this later. So, had I changed my mind?
I said maybe, perhaps I’ll count to ten again. I had to speak candidly with supervision. So after food and fun conversation last night, I am looking at the possible options. Could I work at this position as a contractor, working for a 1099 at no more that 20 hours per week, while looking for income sources for more hours? I am intrigued that perhaps I could slightly disassociate my feelings about (unnamed) by working more for myself with less emotional attachment to one employer

No comments: