"Realizing the importance of the case, my men are rounding up twice the usual number of suspects..." Captain Renault, Casablanca

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Pulled every which way (simultaneously)

Monday, I remained ambivalent about giving my supervisor the letter of resignation. But after an exhausting Monday getting ready for the site-review on Tuesday by the (unnamed) unit of the (unnamed) state agency, I kept busy until a slight from one of the (unnamed) units lit the fuse. I would, and did present the letter to my boss. 

This is from 1996 when my first van had to be towed 58 miles away for a major fix to the adaptive equipment such as the lift and wiring issues. It was a helpless feeling to see it get towed away, and have no egress to the outside world for a week. I am not feeling helpless these days. Photo by Patti


He said that he wouldn’t accept this, as there may be other opportunities at the non-profit (I do not know where) and we need to discuss after the audit. I though that he was giving me the the chance to count to ten again, the proverbial ‘time out’. So I am glad to have made a decision, but have no idea what is to occur next.
Speaking of the review, we were told to prepare for a time of 11:00 - 1:00, so I made an appointment for 3:00 at a place about 40 minutes from our office, with at least ten minutes to find a parking place for my wheelchair van at that facility, and another five minutes to transfer from the special driver’ seat into my wheelchair. I figured that I had enough time. 


The site-review person arrived at 1:45. I could only gather the files to be reviewed, give to my boss and leave for my appointment. Apparently this person had a site-review at another nearby contractor, and ran late. (Not that a real schedule might be made and adhered to). Things happen, but I made my work appointment based on the state agency to be on time. Sheesh...
I await the future not with trepidation nor with dread. I would like to decouple from my particular position and (unnamed), but do see a fine future whichever way things go...
Note: I prefer to not name names, so am keeping the agencies and personnel anonymous. I know at least five people who if they read my blog (the blog being unannounced to my colleagues), would recognize the narrative. Discretion the better part of valor, and so on...

No comments: