"Realizing the importance of the case, my men are rounding up twice the usual number of suspects..." Captain Renault, Casablanca

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Indecision should be harder than making a decision



The title seems perfectly true - however, the inverse is often the reality. It is Sunday, and I need to go to the office and visit a consumer tomorrow. I want to break away, but as I dither, nothing has yet been decided on the October 1 by any party. I said I would reconsider, and I did. I really want to move out of the project that funds my part-time position. I would have no problem with being a part of this non-profit, although I know that there is probably no funding source for anything else.
Ah, guilt shows up on occasion, too. Co-workers would have to take up the slack, and consumers I have would have to be reassigned to others. Would I be running out on co-workers irresponsibly? Naturally, it is a selfish move, but is that bad?? What about me, should I be preeminent in my moves, or accede to other people and entities? 

Do I hit the ball hard and miss the hole, or hit it softly and not make it? Likewise, should I stay (the easier course) or move on (fraught with some peril)? Photo by Cam  

I need to contact the one who (sort of) rejected my resignation - and we have to make decisions. I need to make the first move, as I do not want to keep hanging on without making a decision on my future...

No comments: