"Realizing the importance of the case, my men are rounding up twice the usual number of suspects..." Captain Renault, Casablanca

Sunday, August 8, 2010

What to do...continued

I was hoping to not work with the resignation for the rest of the weekend, but...I was looking at the compensation I feel I am owed. And looking closely at the employer's policies and procedures manual online. I had originally intended to look at chapter and verse of the issues such as unused and accrued vacation time, bonuses (as I received last year), etc.


I started to read further though. It seems that many procedures weren't followed to the letter on the company end, such as performance reviews. I know that we have to provide services with substantially less funding and thus a lesser staff and there are only 24 hours (max) per day, and things have to move fast. But there are administrative things that we all have to adhere to...


It was an eye-opener to become familiar with the policies that all have to adhere to...I like the organization, and the people - procedure must be followed, and I feel that it really hasn't. So I am torn about the idea of staying vs. leaving - and the easiest course would be if the job were defunded, leaving the decision for someone else. The easy course of action is for someone else to make the move for me - probably not the actual case, I am afraid...



No comments: