"Realizing the importance of the case, my men are rounding up twice the usual number of suspects..." Captain Renault, Casablanca

Friday, August 6, 2010

Day of reckoning - or not

I nearly did it yesterday - I nearly decided to terminate myself after a certain date. The thinking was October 1, a Friday would be a fine ending to this position that doesn't seem suited to my temperament. 

I would prepare a letter and announce my resignation effective Friday 1 October. It seemed straightforward, and simple. Beyond that date I could be a contractor for myself instead of working for a contractor for the (unnamed) government entity.


As the day wore on, my strategy shifted. When I am gone, some of my workload would be shifted to others, which leaves me a little uncomfortable - what would I think if my workload increased by 15% for no additional compensation?


(A fine time for my conscience to be placed in gear)


Now I will compose that letter but keep it loaded on the laptop. The date and time of my ouster, voluntary or not, remain a mystery. Yet, I have it in my mind that change is in the air. Who makes the first move is the question

1 comment:

ruthinian said...

Whatever decision you made... you know that it is the best for you. I will pray for you. Take care.