"Realizing the importance of the case, my men are rounding up twice the usual number of suspects..." Captain Renault, Casablanca

Monday, August 9, 2010

Which yeollw brick road should I take?


Tomorrow is the site-review by (unnamed), an audit of their contractors on the project I and my colleagues are involved with. Certainly I was focused today on checking and updating consumer files. Not that I don’t expect fault to be found - when you are working with other people’s money, they rightfully expect to verify.
Although I am concerned that this audit is, say, about nine months behind when it ought to have been held. If any others who work in the same capacity for other contractors have been doing things incorrectly, there is a year’s worth of error. Horrors, unless this audit at this time is designed to find fault? 
(I hate conspiracy theories where unrelated events line up so neatly to prove a conspiracy so perfectly. I ought to think this over a little bit. Of course, in an era of huge budget deficits on a state level, some costs may have to be reduced, and contracting expenses may have to be).
But not to digress. I did get a supervisory review, and it was generally favorable. The only brickbat was my case notes. The term minimalist shows up, and we had this philosophical discussion a couple of weeks ago. I suppose my background in for-profit businesses prompted me to write case notes using formats and bullets, trying to get to the point. Alas, it seems in the world of non-profits, stuffy narratives are the norm. No doubt a function of my past, I like bullets to get to the point - not read until word 300 what the point of this case/service note was...
I hadn’t considered that.
I may be afforded the opportunity to move on at someone’s request. Or my own. The path to take is out there. Can I decide the correct path to take? 

No comments: