"Realizing the importance of the case, my men are rounding up twice the usual number of suspects..." Captain Renault, Casablanca

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Long term planning - sort of

In my part-time position I work as a transition coordinator to assist persons being discharged from nursing homes. Basically I have to keep all the disparate elements focused on the goal of the discharge - be they state personnel, facility personnel and so on.


Emphasis needed. Photo by Patti
Today I was swamped with one woman who must be discharged on September 8. Busy afternoon, after about 15 different e-mails in regards to this case. I guess I haven’t been thinking about my transition today, as time to think (straight) was in short supply. So the thinking is going like this - I like the consumers that I have been assigned, the process and I differ as to what is effective vs. the process that exists...




I think that I have a sense that payment terms from the state to their contractors may be delayed due to the budget deficit issues in the state I live in. So payments may slow substantially - would my break occur if operating cash at my employer runs low. Therefore, my long term goals remain as before, my smarts to lead the way. Or at least I hope so... 

No comments: